Vellum

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 08/22/03-08:02:43 PM Z

After discussions on the best definition paper for Pt/Pd I ordered
some Everclear and Mars vellum to try with kallitype. I have not yet
received the Everclear vellum, but something called Staedtler Plain
Vellum, described as a 100% Rag Vellum, in 18X24" sheets, arrived
yesterday, apparently as a substitue for the Mars vellum.

Today I printed with it. It is very thin, but appeared to accept the
sensitizing solution well, and smoothed out ok in the vacuum easel.
It developed fine, without any spots, and cleared and toned well.
Overall I would say that it worked great in terms of producing a nice
final image, but is somewhat difficult to work with being so thin.

Thought I would mention this primarily because of the fact that there
were absolutely none of the black spots mentioned in some of the
previous conversations on printing Pt/Pd on vellums

Sandy