Re: Re: RE: sodium metaborate

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 08/26/03-08:10:36 AM Z

-------Original Message-------
From: Normunds Saumanis <normunds.saumanis@lv.ibm.com>
Sent: 08/26/03 03:05 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Subject: Re: RE: sodium metaborate

> Some information from that discussion can be found in my photo chemistry
site. Here is a direct link to Sodium Metaborate entry:
http://www.pofig.net/photodb/viewChemicals.do?action=Details&id=19

Normunds

  The stuff on your web site is what I wanted to post. Ryuji Suzuki's comments are important.
  Its useful to know that one can make "Kodalk" using Borax and Sodium Hydroxide, both of which are easily available. In the USA Twenty Mule Team brand Borax is available as a laundry aid. It is pure enough for photographic use. Sodium Hydroxide of high purity is available as Red Devil Lye.
  Arm and Hammer Washing Soda is pure Sodium Carbonate, monohydrated, also available in the grocery store.

Richard Knoppow
dickburk@ix.netcom.com
Los Angeles, CA, USA