Re: Dichromate dilution and speed

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/01/03-12:25:12 PM Z

Gary Nored wrote:

> On 30 Nov 2003, at 16:57, Katharine Thayer wrote:
>
> > Some pictures to supplement my post. As always, what you see will be
> > an approximation of the originals, but it's the best approximation I
> > can manage.
>
> Thank you so much for doing this! I'm glad I caught it while it was
> up -- it seems to have disappeared, and only the tri-color page is
> accessible now.

I took it down because Christina said she didn't say what I thought she
said, so it seemed like the whole issue was moot.

In its place, but with a different URL, I've put a gallery of images.
They are a few of the same images that were on my short-lived website,
but arranged in a way that's easier to look at. The purpose is the same,
to give an idea of the range of effects that's possible using a simple
formula of saturated ammonium dichromate mixed 1:1 with gum. And I'll
say it again: because I never got slides of much of what I consider my
best work, it would be a mistake to think that having seen these few
images out of the hundreds I've made, you know anything about my work as
a body. I just like having these up there to use as teaching tools, as
I'm about to do with regard to colors.

I added one for a hoot: the last one, Marsh at Sunset, is a very early
print of mine which will eventually end up on the website as an
illustration of mondo pigment stain, but I've always loved the print and
am sort of sorry I sold it. This is probably an extreme example of the
type, but a type that I made for a time and have a feeling I'll be going
back to more in the future. People who think gum prints should look like
photographs will be horrified by this print, I'm happy to say.
kt