Re: The consistency of gum

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 12/03/03-01:23:46 AM Z

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Katharine Thayer wrote:
> My findings re Daniel Smith standard gum are different from those
> reported here by others; my findings do not disprove the other gum
> printer's findings but just add more data. I suspect it's the lights
> that make the difference between how this gum prints for us, but who
> knows.

I have the impression that these bottled gums change from year to year, or
with each new lot... That said, I haven't tested more than 2 of the DS
regular gums, because I found one I liked & bought another gallon of the
same lot, which i'm still using.

However, I'm curious about the finding stated below that the powder-made
gums have a longer scale. Can you state some numbers for comparison? Is
it possible it's not the powder vs. the pre-mixed *per se*, but the fact
that the % or some other attribute is different?

J.