Epson Perfection 3200 Photo Color Scanner

From: bi3@georgetown.edu
Date: 12/03/03-05:17:30 PM Z

I think I am finally ready to buy a scanner and have been rereading the
posts sent to the list over the past year. My chief requirement is the
ability to scan my father's old 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" negatives. I won't be
using it to make digital negatives.

The Epson 3200 Photo was mentioned in the past and seems to fit the bill
for what I need. Until the end of the year has a $100 rebate making it
cost $300. Has anyone actually used this scanner? or heard reports from
those who have? An additional question is about negative scanning. It
has a built-in 4" by 9" transparency adapter. Included are film holders
(for 35mm, 35mm film strip, and medium format). Will I be able to scan
my "odd" size negatives or do I actually need a film holder their size?
(The only difference between the 3200 Photo and the 3200 Pro seems to be
that the Pro comes with "Pro+ Arc Soft Suite" and "Monaco EZ color
Software and IT8 Targets". Since I don't even know what these are, I'm
assuming I won't be needing them.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me about this scanner or anything
else I should look at.

Suzanne