Re: Epson Perfection 3200 Photo Color Scanner

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 12/04/03-05:54:20 AM Z

This is the scanner I have. Don't buy the extra software; not necessary. I
scan my Dad's 3 x 5.5 negs on it, without using the 3200's neg carriers. I
just took a piece of 4 ply matt board and cut out a mask to fit the negs,
and lay it right on the scanner. Otherwise you will get moire patterns in
parts of your image, which may not be visible unless magnified in photoshop
(then they look like oil spills).
      It is a wonderful scanner, worth every
penny. Works fast, beautiful scans, negs scan aren't equivalent to a
proprietary film scanner of course, but great for my uses.
     Oh, and did I say that it is beautiful to look at? Smoky acrylic,
matches my Epson 2200. Makes me look like a real techy.
Chris