Paper neg, was Re: Cyanotypes on glass

From: Sam Wang ^lt;stwang1@bellsouth.net>
Date: 12/04/03-09:00:29 AM Z

Hi Timo,

Can't help your masochistic side. But if you want a little more instantaneous joy of using your
equipment when the light is low and air damp, you might try this technique: load your film or
plate-holders with photo paper, develop normally, scan into computer, and make prints from your
computer. One nice thing about doing it this way is to be able to see every step, in the darkroom
and out of it. And paper is slow enough so you can use a magnifying glass as a lens, which could
give you a complete overhaul on your sense of aesthetics. At the same time you'll be using all your
latest technical toys, eh, equipment, so people won't think you live only in the past. Also, regular
enlarging paper is not sensitive to red, so your images will have that odd look that could just make
those Victorian custumes come to life.

By the way, you are only the second Timo I ever came across, and the first is a photographer as
well.

Hope you'll have enough to keep you busy in the long winter.

Sam Wang