no attachments please

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 12/05/03-12:57:36 AM Z

It's my understanding that attachments are verboten on the list -- on the
grounds that they would overload the listserv and also that many folks
have dialup modems (if you could believe) or slow rural phone lines and a
lot of attachments could make it difficult if not impossible to download
their mail.

In fact, I thought the listserv had some software that removed
attachments, tho evidently not. Meanwhile, I think that if you want to
send an attachment, you're supposed to declare it & then send to whoever
asks. (I mean if everybody decided to send an attachment -- and everybody
I know seems very prone to the practice -- imagine 600 attachments in one
day!)

sorry to be the bad fairy at the christening so to speak, but...
somebody's got to do it...

Judy