RE: Mordancage Process

From: Jonathan Bailey ^lt;jon@jonathan-bailey.com>
Date: 12/06/03-07:17:54 AM Z

Scott,

> I've been thinking of trying the Mordancage process for some time and just
started gathering the materials for it. In my > search for 30% hydrogen
peroxide I came across "Clairoxide" by Clairol which is sold 4 strengths;
10, 20, 30, and 40 > volume. My question is whether volume and percent
are the same thing; i.e, 30 volume = 30%? Looking at the bottle, it lists >
hydrogen peroxide and water as it's ingredents.>>

30 volume is much stronger than 30% - the numbers are not equal. I've seen
the formula to convert but math has never been my strong suit. BTW -
perhaps the cheapest and easiest place to acquire high volume H2O2 is your
hair salon. I get 40 volume there for about $10 a gallon. Tri-ess Science
in Berserkly sells 100 volume for something like that price per liter.
Checkout my website if you'd like background and process info on the
process.

Good luck - and please be attentive with this chemistry!! Gloves and
*excellent* ventilation are a MUST!

Best - Jon
www.jonathan-bailey.com
Tenants Harbor, Maine