Re: Where there's a will (was: Re: spots and fish eyes)

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/09/03-03:33:42 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> http://www.pacifier.com/~kthayer/html/Current.html
>
> Important Note:
> Here's Chris's image, but this is not the file Chris sent me. This is
> the file Chris sent me, printed out on an old inkjet printer and
> re-scanned; it was the only way I could figure out how to do it. So it's
> much more pixelated than the original file, and the colors are off, so
> it's not a good representation of the image at all, and I apologize to
> Chris for that. But it does show the lines and splotches, which is what
> this was about. Sorry for the delay,
> kt

Addendum:
I couldn't figure out why the color was so way off, (very magenta,
beyond restoring adequately in Photoshop to anything close to its
original color balance) and finally it occurred to me (duh) to run a
nozzle check and sure enough I wasn't getting any yellow ink and not all
the cyan I should have. I cleaned the nozzles, reprinted, rescanned and
reposted, and while it's still a scan of an inkjet of a jpeg of a scan
of a (etc etc etc) it does represent the colors of the original file
better now than the version that the post above refers to. I can't tell
how close because I can't look at them both at the same time.

But I'm curious, Chris --- how hot was the water you used for the shrink
step?
kt