Re: Lith film

From: Clay Harmon ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 12/11/03-11:45:31 AM Z

I think the trick is that all of these processes use a staining
developer and have higher UV densities (effective printing density)
than the strictly visual density might indicate. I know they all use
the bare minimum of contrasting agent in their printing.

But the stain may not me the only answer. Another worker has recently
sent me some actual curve data using lith film and a modified version
of the Soemarko LC-1 developer that show a very straight line response
all the way from a minimum density of 0.30 to a maximum density of 4.0.
  He is still working on some final tweaking of the formula, but the
preliminary data I have seen show a very nice linear continuous tone
response. I'll let him decide when and where to reveal all, but I think
he typically 'listens' to this list and he may chime in..

Clay