Re: Lith film

From: Clay Harmon ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 12/11/03-11:50:20 AM Z

> And speaking of 16-bit files, my understanding is that Photoshop 8
> will allow layers and some other tools to work in 16-bit that were
> previously limited to 8-bit. Does anyone know if it will also allow
> printing in 16-bit?

Photoshop CS (8.0) will certainly let you print 16 bit files. I just
printed a few the other night. What I don't know is how the Epson
rasterization engine actually handles the data, i.e. does it just
convert it to 8bit anyway when it prints?

But it certainly is possible to keep all of your work in 16bit format
and still do most of the editing that previously required one to be in
8bit mode. There are still a few filters and operations that only run
in 8 bit mode, but fortunately not ones that I use very frequently.

Clay