Re: Lith film

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 12/11/03-03:59:52 PM Z

Clay,

Photoshop 7 and the new Photoshop CS (8.0) both allow printing of 16 bit
files without first converting them to 8 bit files. Unfortunately, they are
converted to 8 bit on the fly by the Epson Driver. I have not yet come across
any output device that will render more than 8 bit files—if anyone out there
knows of one, I would love to hear about it. RIPS also work in 8 bit mode.

Photoshop CS is great for working with 16 bit files. This version is, I
think, a must for photographers. They have added features that photographers
will enjoy instead of adding more features for doing Web type things.

Mark Nelson