sheding light on x-ray or vice versa (Re: Lith film)

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 12/12/03-04:38:47 PM Z

From: FOTAR2@aol.com
Subject: Re: Lith film
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:11:06 -0500 (EST)

> While probably not casting any light on the problem, (or X-rays)

While I don't recall numbers from my clinical lectures, radiologists
told me that people who take a transatlantic flight are exposed a few
chest x-ray's worth of radiation from space, based on typical radiation
exposure level used.

I wonder what would happen if people carried x-ray film in a totally
black bag in aircraft... although there's a reciprocity failure issue,
but perhaps x-ray films get fogged even without security scanning.

Ok, end of another useless post.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Reality has always had too many heads." (Bob Dylan, Cold Irons Bound, 1997)