sensitometry

From: Ariel Yanay ^lt;arielbe@zahav.net.il>
Date: 12/15/03-01:28:56 AM Z

Hello all
I'm new to the list, but not so new to alt-processes. I am a fine Art
photographer, and i have done some gum prints in the past, some of them
were quite big (1,30m wide), and a few cyanotypes as well.
When I did it I used Kodalith roll film and my negatives were o.k. but
I didn't care much about wide tonal range DR or other professional
attributes. Now I want to come back to business and to print new stuff
that i have photographed, which is full of small leaves and other
details. i was thinking of carbon print or/and photogravure in order to
make a print that has a wide tonal range, and a rich, detailed black.
Since I want to make a digital negatives this time, (it's very hard to
find lith film in Israel now) and since I didn't take much care about
those values in my early prints, I would like to hear your advices
regarding my idea, and maybe there is a source for sensitometry for me
to learn from.
thank you
Ariel Yanay-Shani