Re: A little gum test

From: Kate Mahoney ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 12/15/03-02:56:18 PM Z

Viscid - dead right!!!! Pronounced viss-id here tho.

Yes, more parameters I suppose - but it was interesting just as a byte-size
testlet.....my development times are: 5-min still bath twice, then a
10-minutes still bath - usually mostly developed by then. Any brush dev or
spray done here, then a 15-20 min slow running bath. I never have trouble
with prints washing off UNLESS underexposed. And I've found that adequate
sizing (including between coats) has been the key to banishing staining
forever :) I brush coat with hardened size between emulsion layers, but
always tray size twice with hardener a la Hamish Stewart before printing and
after shrinking (which always washes out some of the original paper sizing).
I have no way of gauging the viscosity of my gum - just make it up as per
the recipe in David Scopick's book and hope for the best. the synthetic gum
I use is VERY viscous - I have now decided to test different dilutions of it
to see which works best with the more dilute amm. di.

Kate