Dreaded fungus

From: Jim Strain ^lt;jstrain@iquest.net>
Date: 12/16/03-10:21:25 PM Z

Cannot remember whether this has been addressed before. I went to print one of my 8x10 negs tonight and I noticed in the print a ghostly area. I went back to look at the negative and found an area where there where spidery legs coming off of a central place in the neg. Since I had previously used this neg in a show, I went back to look at the scan of the show print and, sure enough, it was there then, also (2000). Is there any recovery? Any way to get rid of the fungus without destroying the neg? Thanks for your help. Jim