Re: Dreaded fungus

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 12/17/03-11:22:56 PM Z

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Kate Mahoney wrote:

> My boss, Lloyd Godman, has just printed up a whole lot of negs he found
> under the house which had just been eaten up by something - he'll
> probably have them up in his website shortly. They are amazing images -
> he called the show "When Light turns to Dust" Kate

Sounds a lot like the movie Decasia -- played in NYC last year, and in
London this year, I don't know where else... Someone found some decaying
nitrate film, old silent movies, and spliced together a string of weird &
beautiful effects, including solarization. I bought the disc too, but
haven't watched it yet... tho that might be the best way to see it,
because after the first hour it gets a bit slow: you could fast forward.
Also you could turn down the audio, the "Decasia Theme" being primarily
increasing decibels. It played in the Maya Deren Memorial Theatre at
Anthology Film Archive -- even the young & strong were holding their ears.

("Decasia" = an amalgam of "decay" and "Fantasia" ... )

J..