Re: Flatbed scanner transparency adapter?

From: Kris Erickson ^lt;kris.erickson@utoronto.ca>
Date: 12/19/03-09:18:01 AM Z

Hey--
I have an Epson Perfection 2400 at an optical dpi of 2400; I would
hazard to suggest that for transparency scanning, you would be prudent
to reduce your maximum dpi for trans/neg scanning to half of the maximum
resolution. If you have access to a good scanning software with
sharpening filter (such as Vuescan), you can usually get a little closer
to the maximum size, reducing the softness that scanning through the
flatbed will give to your image.