Seeking photo-graveurre and embossing techniques and resources

From: Barry Kleider ^lt;bkleider@sihope.com>
Date: 12/22/03-09:53:16 AM Z

I'm doing a project for a school of blind kids.
Ideally, I'm thinking of getting some copper plates,
coating these plates with the same emulsion used when burning plates for offset press work,
burning the plates,
and getting them embossed for display.

Do you have ANY experience with any of these processes which might be helpful?

Part of my question is how to bring the visual medium up off the flat page so it can be understood by a non-visual audience.

I've considered making paper embossings, but the finished piece needs to be durable enough to withstand heavy "viewing."

Thanks,

Barry Kleider
Photographer. Arts Educator.
612.722.9701