Re: Seeking photo-graveurre and embossing techniques and resources

From: steve ^lt;scole15@carolina.rr.com>
Date: 12/22/03-01:13:53 PM Z

Hi Barry-

        I've very recently become interested in photogravure and (if this is
what you're looking for) I know of a resource that you might be able to
use: Copper Plate Photogravure: Demystifying the Process by David
Morrish and Marlene Maccallum. Published by Focal Press, 2003. ISBN:
0-240-80527-5. I've only had time to breeze through the book, but it
is a step-by-step text with everything from current suppliers,
excellent bibliography, outstanding color plates, and many formulas. I
hope money is not just an objet d'art for you because the expense is
considerable according to what I've read so far. I wonder if the
etchings are deep enough to get a tactile picture? Your idea is
fascinating and I hope it works out for you and the kids!

regards,

steve t. cole