Re: New Year's resolutions

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 12/28/03-04:30:58 PM Z

Clay,

I just had this same conversation with Sam Wang.... must be suffering from
PNYRS—Photographer's New Year's Resolution Syndrome!

Here is how I have been doing it for some years.

Most of my negatives are 35 mm, so I have my Nikon set to shoot only 35
frames, since this gives me seven strips of 5 negatives which fit perfectly into
one of those sleeves for a three ring binder.

Each Sheet has a unique master number on it. I put the negative sheet and
the proof sheet together in a three ring binder according to topic—Portraits,
Southwest, Illinois, Figure (by model), etc. The sheets are in each binder in
the order of the master number.

Since all my work is scanned, then I use folders on my hard drive that are
organized the same way. Each scan is named with the master number, frame
number and then any topic I wish. Thus it makes it easy to go back and find the
original negative if I wish to re scan (which I often do since I think my
scanning and file working methods keep improving all the time) or I wish to
interpret the negative in a different way with a new scan.

I'm sure this won't help as much with large format negatives, but it would
work also with medium format.

Happy Holidays!

Mark Nelson