Re: gold chloride?

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 12/29/03-11:22:05 PM Z

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, epona wrote:
> does anyone recommend a cheap source of gold chloride? the photo
> formulary has it going for $39.95 a gram and that seems like a lot. i
> remember judy saying once there was a much more inexpensive alternative.

Last I heard Englehard in New Jersey (or possibly Goldsmith in Evanston
Il, or maybe both of them) was selling it for $8/gram, tho as i recall
there was some kind of minimum, possibly $100. It's been about 100 years
since I bought gold, so the details fade, but it's in P-F Sources and
Services under Precious Metals, tho I gather that nowadays browsers are so
sophisticated they probaably take you right there.

Or what about E-bay? Has anyone? I know a fellow who got silver nitrate
there, and someone else got uranium...

Judy