Re: Printer for inkjet negs

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 12/29/03-11:35:48 PM Z

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Mike Finley wrote:

> I'm using the UT inks, and I've just given one of my test negs a
> thorough rub with my thumb and there's no sign of smudging or the ink
> running off. This is a month or so after printing though. I can't
> remember now how long I left it to dry after printing before use, but
> probably overnight, so it might smear if not left a few hours to dry,
> but I thought that necessary with any inks on transparent papers.

I found that black dye worked OK on Pictorico with the 1160 (supposedly
better than pigment tho I never tried pigment). But I did find you have to
experiment with settings -- the official ones often aren't best.

Mostly there was no trouble with smudging or drying, but if I had any
doubts, a hairdryer dried the neg right away without ill effects...

J.