Re: gold chloride?

From: Robert g. Hall ^lt;Robert@RobertHallPhotography.com>
Date: 12/30/03-10:52:45 AM Z

Quoting epona <acolyta@napc.com>:

> Thanks Judy, and Darryl.
>
> I couldn't get a human being on the phone at Engelhard. Waiting on a
> call back from them. Spoke to a gentlemen at Goldsmith who quoted me
> $110 per gram! When I told him I could get it for $40, he said "oh,
> you probably spoke to one of our distributors." Yikes. I'm hoping he
> was confused, because that's a ripoff. I ended up purchasing a gram
> from Artcraft Chemicals (http://www.artcraftchemicals.com) in
> Schenectady, NY for $30. The one gentleman that always seems to
> answer the phone is friendly and prompt. I like supporting small
> businesses. Will be keeping my eyes open on Ebay and if anyone else
> notices a good deal, lemme know.
>
> Thanks,
> Christine

I just called the folks at D.F.Goldsmith (http://www.dfgoldsmith.com/) and
if you are willing to buy 2 oz of gold (about 140 grams) you can get it
for about $11 a gram. I've not had the need or the wherewithall to get
gold in the recent months, but this is my source.

They take visa/mastercard.

Good luck,

Robert G. Hall
Robert Hall Photography