Re: spotting negs

From: Dave Rose (cactuscowboy@attbi.com)
Date: 02/04/03-09:02:34 PM Z

I've used Spotone to retouch both negatives and interpositives. Try adding
a little bit of Photo-Flo (or other wetting agent) to a small container of
water. The water can be sparingly mixed with Spotone and will help to make
very precise and small corrections. You can also use Kodak Opaque Red (or
similar) to get rid of pinholes on internegatives, but then you'll have to
use Spotone on the enlarged negatives. Better to fix the interpositives as
accurately as possible.

I've never used crocein scarlet for spotting negatives, but have used it to
add density to larger areas of negatives.

Dave in Wyoming