Re: oil printing & hard gelatin

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 02/06/03-08:11:34 AM Z

Chris,

Yes, Knox food gelatin is a pigskin gelatin.

Of course, Kind and Knox manufacturers many kinds of gelatin. I have
purchased in the past directly from them a 250 Bloom ossein gelatin
which I use for making carbon tissue. That is a bone source gelatin,
as you might guess.

Prices are low if you purchase directly but they have a large minimum
order, 25lbs as I recall.

Sandy