Re: More digital negatives

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 02/11/03-05:30:07 PM Z

Nick,
     I am not an expert, and probably well below you at this stage on this
topic, but I just winged out a neg on my Epson 800 onto Pictorico and
printed it immediately in cyanotype, using Sam Wang's cyanotype conversion,
and the negative looks VERY thin but it actually made a pretty cool print.
I could scan it and send it to you offlist if you would like. The fact that
I could just take a 6 meg image and invert it, do a little monkeying in the
channels, and then immediately print it makes me feel it is not so outa
line. However, I do not have one of those straight black/grey inksets I
think you are talking about, e.g. Cone or MIS, or some other.
     I also am having a service bureau print up two of my scans to
imagesetter negs ($12 each, 8x10). So this week I have 2 of my 35mm images
enlarged onto Bergger 200 film, Maco Genius film, and now imagesetter film,
and will compare the three. But I also am in search of a good digital neg
alternative I can do at home without buying a new printer.
Chris