Re: More digital negatives

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 02/12/03-04:03:16 PM Z

Mark wrote:

>This is odd that Pictorico says that their film only works with Epson dye
>based inks, because I am using Pictorico with Epson Pigment inks on an Epson
>10000 with no problem and others are doing the same with the Epson 2000p-they
>come out nice and dry and smudgeproof.... is there some reason that they are
>not working with pigment inks? Or do you mean they are not working with the
>Ultrachrome inks in the new Epson 2200, 7600, 9600, 10600 printers?
>
>Mark Nelson
>In a message dated 2/12/03 3:24:47 PM, nick@mcn.org writes:
>
><< Lee, The problem is, as you said below, the "emulsion" side scratches if
>
>you look at it wrong. Pictorico acknowledges that their product only works
>
>with dye based inks and there are no suitable quad/black dye based inks.
>
>There was one and it's no longer available because it didn't have enough
>
>density. So it's kind of a rock and hard place. >>

Mark is absolutely right. The Epson pigment inks of the 2000P adhere
perfectly to Pictorico. Some time ago I responded to a similar
message by someone else who said that Pictorico only worked with dye
based inks and at the very least that statement needs to be qualified
based on Marks's experience with the 10000 and my experience with the
2000P. Or maybe it is just the Cone pigment inks that do not work
with Pictorico?

Sandy King