Re: More digital negatives

From: John Campbell (tojohn@texas.net)
Date: 02/12/03-05:38:22 PM Z

Sandy said:
> . . . Or maybe it is just the Cone pigment inks that do not work
> with Pictorico?
>
> Sandy King

Bingo, Sandy.

The primary point, from my end anyway, was that neutral carbon inks (Cone,
in my experience; MIS in Nick's, as I recall) do not adhere well to
Pictorico.

I did say that I purchased a dye configured Epson 7600 expressly for the
purpose of generating big negatives on Pictorico. This decision was based on
pre-release trials with Epson demo units; the dye ink held better than the
pigments on OHP.

FWIW, I still use neutral carbon inks (in an Epson 3000) and Epson
pigment/chrome inks (in a 1280 and a chrome configured 7600)--but not for
making negatives.

Best regards,
John