metamerism with Epson 2000P

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 02/12/03-06:13:24 PM Z

Kerik wrote:

>Sandy,
>
>I had not heard about the new 2000P driver. Have you seen results
>yourself? Do you have the 2000P and new driver? If so, what papers
>do you like with the it?
>
>Thanks,
>Kerik
>
>ps There are loads of refurbished 2000Ps on ebay for under $400.

Yes, I own a 2000P and started using the new driver about 2-3 weeks
ago. In my opinion results are a great improvement over the old
driver as regards metamerism.

I use almost exclusively the Epson archival matte papers because of
their greater archival quality. You will obviously get a more
photographic look with the glossy and semi-lustre surfaces but I
bought this printer because of its archival rating and want to
maximize that quality.

Sandy