Re: printing with mold or fungus?

From: Kees Brandenburg (ctb@zeelandnet.nl)
Date: 02/13/03-05:36:21 AM Z

Hello,
In my garden, on a trunk of a tree, are growing many funghi from the
species of "Ganoderma Applanatum".

<http://www.mykoweb.com/CAF/species/Ganoderma_applanatum.html>

When it's their time they spread lots of spores (a dark brown
powder). From that moment on everything in the vicinity is coloured
brown.

Strangely enough, being a gum printer, I never took samples to print
with. This summer I will give it a try. The fine brown powder is very
pigment-like.
Introducing spores and funghi in paper and colloids is a risk though.

Kees