RE: Silver Gelatin...and alternativephotography.com?

From: Jonathan Bailey (quryhous@midcoast.com)
Date: 02/17/03-04:14:23 PM Z

Steve,

> That's interesting. then can anyone shed some light on why there
> is a gallery for silver gelatin on
> www.Alternativephotography.com? that doesn't seem to make any
> sense. i suppose the gallery is called 'gelatin silverprints',
> but i don't think that is a different process.
>
> isn't the webmaster on this list? any input?

I suppose it's for the same reason we occasionally discuss gelatin silver
process issues - toning, split-toning, bromoil, transfers, and liquid light
for example - here on the *alternate-photographic-process* list. The line is
not etched in stone on exactly what is and what isn't "alt."

But let's not start that hare again....

Vive le difference!

Best - Jon
www.jonathan-bailey.com