Re: Julia Margret Cameron/ was the Safety

jeffbuck@swcp.com
Date: 02/24/03-11:19:54 AM Z

Well, I've heard of diagnoses of Parkinson's from that era questioned in
recent times, including an instance in my own family. As Carl Weese pointed
out, Parkinson's is a syndrome of symptoms, not exactly a "disease." I mean,
my mother, her brother, my brother-in-law, and Edward Weston were all
diagnosed with "Parkinson's Disease"; yet, only what my mother had sounds to
me, you know, just exactly like what I've read about EW's history, except
that what EW had took him out so fast. I don't know how much is to be
accounted for by differences in the onset (very early in my brother-in-law's
case, quite late in my uncle's case). Are early onset and late onset
Parkinson's different "diseases"? A genetic component has been demonstrated
as to early onset, but not as to late onset. I just don't know what it means
that somebody "had Parkinson's," esp. as diagnosed over 50 years ago. -jb