Re: gum printing

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 02/24/03-12:08:48 PM Z

Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> I also notice Livick uses a 1% pot metabi clear, because it doesn't
> soften the gum like sod bisulfite, which is what you, Katherine, said a
> while back.

I said that? I don't remember saying that, and without context, I don't
know why I would have said it, since in my own practice, I haven't found
that sodium bisulfite softens the gum appreciably, once it's been
hardened. I mean it probably does a little, but not enough to be an
issue, certainly not enough to change clearing agents over. Since I
haven't used a clearing agent much, my experience probably isn't enough
to judge by, but I've never had the image softened or lifted by the
sodium bisulfite.