Re: gum printing and sodium di

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 02/24/03-12:13:12 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> > > It's deliquescent (meaning that it soaks up water and gets all wet and
> > > messy) I assume that's the reason no one's ever used it much.
> > > kt
>
> Deliquescent is beside the point if you put it in water right away, where
> it keeps indefinitely.

But my point was that wet and gloppy and already containing unknown
amounts of water, it's difficult to weigh accurately. Of course if you
do the old style method of just putting a bunch of it in water til the
solution is saturated and letting the excess just sit on the bottom of
the jar, then it's not an issue.
kt