Re: fresson printing

From: Jan Arnow (jarnow@iglou.com)
Date: 02/24/03-10:23:31 PM Z

Thanks, Judy,

I REALLY appreciate the kudos for my book. As I was explaining to
someone earlier this evening, no matter how much I write, I'll never
get used to working in a vacuum -- no pun intended! As you well
know, you write and publish and rarely ever hear from those who love
(or hate) your work.

As for your burning question, I can barely remember what I did
yesterday, much less in 1982 when the book came out! (I used to work
with someone who would say, when she didn't know the answer to a
question, "I don't know. I've slept since then.") I'll be away from
my desk until mid-March, but when I return I'll look up the old files
and do what I can to fill in the blanks. I do remember long hours in
the library at the Eastman House!

As far as people finding my book, it's been out of print for so long
that I'm surprised that anyone remembers it! IF you can find copies,
they go for well over $150.00 each. In fact, I did a search for the
book recently and found only 4 copies available - ranging from
$157.50 to $250.00!

I've been trying to raise funds lately to start a photo program for
at-risk kids, so I've decided to reissue the book myself, photocopied
on high quality paper with 16 color pages as in the original, 8-1/2 X
11, spiral coil bound with clear plastic front cover and black
plastic back cover, 238 pages. The money raised will be used to help
start that program.

The books will be sold in a 10-day Dutch auction on eBay beginning
March 1st at 12:00 noon. For those who haven't bid on anything
on-line, Dutch auctions basically mean that everyone pays the same
price. The books are costing me right around $50 to print, package
and mail (postage is included), so I'm selling them for around $87 to
raise some funds for the kids' program.

To bid on this book, On March 1st go to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3502611184MN

For those on this list who just want a chapter (like those who asked
for Fresson), let me know and I'll be happy to just photocopy it or
scan it and send it to you by e-mail or snail mail.

All my best,

Jan Arnow

--
* Jan Arnow, Director
* * Institute for Prevention of Youth Violence