Photographic censorship question

From: Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 02/28/03-10:48:45 AM Z

I need some help on some research I am beginning.

I am interested in historical events surrounding the suppression or
censoring of photographs especially specific photographs or tight bodies of
work that became issues of public censorship as opposed to grotesque,
revolting, or hard to look at photographs that were exhibited but not
censored.

I've got a grip on the well known events of the recent past such as the
Cleveland-Barry-Mapplethorpe, Seranno, Sturges, Witkin, Livingston, Mann,
etc. I am most interested in events of the last 20 or 30 years not as well
known and especially ones from the 60's on back.

The scope is international. Soviet, Nazi, or other settings are welcome.
The scope may be regional as well.

Cheers.

--Dick Sullivan