Re: Cyan and Digital Negs

From: Keith Schreiber (jkschreiber@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/01/03-11:53:46 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

> I'm wondering tho why there doesn't seem to be anything between 13
> inches wide and 24 inches wide. Since my (now ANCIENT !) 1160 isn't
> chipped, and will do 12.76 inches wide,... think I'll hold out for
> the 16 inch, should that ever happen.

Judy,

The Epson 3000 is still available new even though it is a couple generations
old compared to the latest 2200 etc. It is a 4 color printer like the 1160
but has a 17" wide carriage and uses relatively huge 110ml individual
cartidges. It is said to work well with the Cone Piezography inks as well as
with MIS grayscale inks. I don't know about 3rd party color inks. Sells for
around $900-1000 new. I bought a lightly used one last summer for half of
that but it was damaged in shipping beyond (cost effective) repair. Haven't
tried again. A friend was told recently by an Epson sales rep that there
will be a replacement for the 3000 in the near future.

Keith