Re: Cyan and Digital Negs

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 01/04/03-12:02:16 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>Judy,
>

> > Also, that orange apparently doesn't work with gum (if it did we couldn't
>> print orange !), and I gather may not work well with cyanotype either. I
>> don't know about the silver processes.
>>

>I don't follow your logic here. The orange dye provides a similar effect to
>pyro stained negatives for the transmission of UV light, as I understand it.
>You should be able to print any color of gum with colorized negatives. Can
>someone explain how this isn't true and would affect the printing of gum of
>any color?

I am a little stumped by this as well. My expereince in printing with
digital negatives is pretty limited but I did make some spectral
negatives on the Epson 2000 using the values in Dan Burkholder's book
and they actually printed fairly well in carbon, which has a spectral
response quite similar to gum.

Sandy King