Re: Constable/ was Thomas Kinkade, Beyond the GArden GAte

ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: 01/05/03-04:25:21 PM Z

Shannon, I think you are selling Constable way short. There's so much more to
his work than the thatched hut motif and what some of now think of as
"Kitsch." He was a brilliant, pioneering landscape painter, and in point of
fact he is one of the British artists credited as a precursor of the
Barbizon School and French Impressionism. I think you'll have to look at a
lot more Constables and dig a little deeper. Arthur