Strathmore 500 series Drawing paper for pt/pd

From: Alan Bucknam (alan@notchcode.com)
Date: 01/09/03-07:30:54 PM Z

I was wondering if anyone would like to share their experiences with
printing on Strathmore's 500 series drawing paper (plate finish). I've
been printing pt/pd on it for a number of years now, and recently have
noticed more flaws (mostly little brown bits here and there...probably
specks of cotton that didn't get bleached?) Overall, I like it for
printing...it's got a nice smooth surface, works well with rod and
brush coating methods, and seems sized well. retains detail fairly
well, but not like Bienfang Graphics 360 or other more smooth, fragile
papers.

What do others think? Should i keep printing with this paper, or is
there something better out there with similar features?

-Alan