Re: Books and CDs on Photoshop

From: Lanette Miller (lanette@poynter.org)
Date: 01/11/03-02:42:54 PM Z

I have been a hard core photoshop user for many years. I can second the
recommendations for Real World Photoshop and Photoshop Artistry. Both books
are excellent and deserve space in your library. But if you want to be a
photoshop guru, too really really understand channels, paths, layers, etc,
the best book on the subject is Photoshop Channel Chops. It hasn't been
updated since Photoshop version 4 but it doesn't need to be.(it's still in
print) This is the book that teaches you how to think like Photoshop
thinks. It's not a beginning book and you won't see any of Photoshops new
menu choices or tools explained but you will truly understand photoshop.

Lanette

--On Saturday, January 11, 2003 10:55 AM -0800 Bruce <steelbar@shaw.ca>