The Richeson brush, was Re: Argyrotypes!

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 01/14/03-08:00:59 PM Z

Carl Weese wrote:

>Christine,
>
>I know some people love the 4" brush but I'm perfectly happy with a 2" for
>prints from 8x10 to 12x20. For 'miniature negatives'--4x5 & 5x7--I use a 1".
>
>---Carl
>--
> web site with picture galleries
> and workshop information at:

Well, I came to the Richeson brushes fairly late but when I finally
discovered them decided that I just had to have all of the sizes. I
am quite happy with the 1.5" brush, delighted with the 2" size, the
3" brush is also great, and I just fail to understand how Carl can
find true happiness in coating large prints without the 4" version!!

But has anyone found a solution for the lousy paint job on the
handle? All of my brushes, which have black handles, have cracking
paint which is causing the paint to flake off, leaving unexposed wood.

Sandy King