Re: Ode to Joyful View

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 01/14/03-10:44:08 PM Z

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Bob Kiss wrote:
> and echo over that spring morning. Of course the logical explanation was
> that the Metropolitan Opera was in the Sheep Meadow rehearsing for the Opera
> in the Park starting that week...but that didn't diminish the magic of
> words, vision of Schiller's bust, and magnificent music on a soft spring
> morning in Central Park.
> I think we should all be grateful to be able to work at something that
> brings beauty to the rest of the world and returns it to us in so many ways.
> CHEERS FROM BARBADOS!

But, but, but ... I have to add that in these last two messages, and I
also felt strongly in the earlier one about, what was it, the heron flying
center frame? the *words* were worth 1000 pictures. That is, however
wonderful the photos were, that exact experience could only be conveyed
by describing it in words.

J.