Re: Future acrylic floor polish and dmax

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 01/15/03-11:20:22 PM Z

Christina, That was from me, so could we please have credit for the
Wednesday home section of the NY Times, which I think is insufficiently
appreciated on this list. Thanks for testing it -- now I'll
have to get some too.

My hunch, BTW, if it changed the color of the cyanotype, is that it's
alkaline, some kind of ammonia substance in it. But usually that deeper
richer blue from ammonia fades back to "normal" when the print has fully
dried, in a couple of days. So hope you'll watch it.

Meanwhile, it may not be "just" acrylic, or whatever, as some folks
suggest... At least the "regular" acrylic brushed on that I tried didn't
change depth more than a tiny tad. Have you tried it on gum? that's the
killer -- hardest to get any good effect. And, for the record, I found
gelatin did NOT help -- gave a kind of diffuse glassy look as a top coat
that was definitely ugly.

Judy