FW: Whole (or Complete?) Photography Catalog??

From: jamesromeo (jamesromeo@mac.com)
Date: 01/16/03-05:48:53 PM Z

----------
From: jamesromeo <jamesromeo@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:01:04 -0500
To: <hylandscot@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: Whole (or Complete?) Photography Catalog??

on 1/16/03 1:25 PM, Jonathon Russell at hylandscot@voyager.net wrote:
Jeff
The book edited by Norman Snyder has a very limited chapter 14 Unque
Process. There is nothing on gum only cyanotype color key.
The Henry Horenstein book A Complete Catalogue has a section Non-Silver
Processes.
I have bolth in my library.
James
Jeff,
The book in question was: "The Photography Catalog" ISBN:0-06-013979-X
It was edited by Norman Snyder
It was important enough to me to still find a place in my library at home.

regards,

Jonathon Russell

Jeff Kwapil wrote:
A very hazy memory, apologies if this is too obvious, but can you name this
book? I would like to find a copy.

I recall from the 1970s an 11x17 inch book, I think was modeled after "The
Whole Earth Catalog", titled something like Whole (or Complete?) Photography
Catalog.

This book introduced me to gum bichromate, cyanotypes and the like.

It told all about current publications, hardware, jobs, processes,
suppliers, museums, schools, art & much more.

Reading it was a lite associate's degree in "What's Happening in
Photography"