Re: gelatin hardener

From: Ryuji Suzuki -- JF7WEX (RSuzuki@MIT.EDU)
Date: 01/28/03-10:17:10 PM Z

From: Scott Wainer <smwbmp@starpower.net>
Subject: Re: gelatin hardener
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:53:50 -0500

> I tried Acros 100 about a year ago - very nice grain structure. I found that
> I had to rate it at EI 50 to get the same contrast/exposure as Ilford Pan F+
> at EI 40 with Rodinal.

I use Acros with dilute metol-ascorbate developer whose pH adjusted to
9.8, and usually at an EI of 64. I don't use catechol or
pyrogallol. I'm about to start using a different one for actual
pictures (not step tablet or backyard scene), hoping to take a big
break from developer experiments.

I use Acros for nightscape and similar subject matters, so I need to
stock it anyway; I'm phasing out TMX and APX25 when they are used
up. APX25 is very nice, but I'm happy with TMX or Acros.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"You're crazy man, there's no one here but me and my machines!" (Neil Young)