Re: gelatin hardener

From: Scott Wainer (smwbmp@starpower.net)
Date: 01/28/03-09:53:50 PM Z

Ryuji,

Your film is safe - the cost of getting it is a little too rich for my blood
regardless of the exquisite images it produces. :-) Besides, its too cold up
there for me.

I tried Acros 100 about a year ago - very nice grain structure. I found that
I had to rate it at EI 50 to get the same contrast/exposure as Ilford Pan F+
at EI 40 with Rodinal. I have since switched to Pyrocat-HD (thanks to Sandy
and others for helping me sort out the problems) for all films and haven't
tried it with Acros yet. Have you or anyone tried the Acros/Pyrocat
combination? I still have about 100 rolls of AXP25 plus a dwindling supply
of Panatomic-X, Plus-X, and old, old, old Tri-x on ice. I also use Tech Pan
from time to time but excessive contrast is an issue.

Scott Wainer
smwbmp@starpower.net