Film fogging while transported

From: Monnoyer Philippe (monnoyer@imec.be)
Date: 01/29/03-06:07:40 AM Z

Hello,

I plan to send some film samples to a friend accross the Atlantic, from the EU.
My feeling is that I am pretty sure this will be destroyed by X-Rays or Gamma Rays even (who knows).
I don't want to spoil film like that. I need advices and tricks to avoid having my films fogged at the customs.
Any trick to avoid it. Some recommend to use a private transporter, but it's far more expensive.
Did you experience good/bad things with your films sent by postal services ?

Thanks,

Philippe
Belgium